I'm back with the bonus card I promised yesterday. This card is very similar to yesterday's One Card Wonder Wednesday Card. As I said, the Magnolia Lane Memories & More Large Specialty Cards and Envelopes are fantastic to make cards with. I also feel they could be cut apart and used for scrapbooking or other paper crafting projects. What do you think?
As I was cutting Designer Series Paper yesterday for my One Card Wonder Wednesday card I realized I could cut extra and create a simple birthday card at the same time...and here's the proof.
Similar to yesterday...but not the same. I flipped the Designer Series Paper over to use the opposite side. I was already using the Magnolia Memory Dies to cut magnolias from the Designer Series Paper so I just cut extra for this card. I do this a lot when making a project. I cut extra so I can make more cards wether they are exactly the same or slightly different. I want to utilize my time wisely. It is a great habit to have.
Measurements & Instructions
- Fold the Kraft Magnolia Lane Memories & More Card on the score line.
- Adhere the Whisper White and Mossy Meadow printed envelope liner to the envelope.
- Cut a piece of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper 2 7/8in. x 4in. and one strip of the Mossy Meadow striped Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper 3/4in. x 4in.
- Using Snail Adhesive adhere the Designer Series Paper to the center of the card front.
- Using Snail Adhesive adhere the Mossy Meadow strip across the front top of the Magnolia Lane DSP as shown in photo.
- Using the Magnolia Memory Dies, die cut one Magnolia from a piece of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper.
- Cut a third piece of Designer Series Paper 3/4in. x 4 in. and trim both ends fully inserting each end into the Banner Triple Punch.
- Cut a piece of Petal Pink Card Stock 1in. x 3 1/2in. and trim both ends fully inserting each end into the Banner Triple Punch.
- Punch a 1in. circle piece of Designer Series Paper, making sure you get a floral image.
- Tie a bow around the Magnolia flower using Linen Thread.
- Using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhere the magnolia to the front of the card.
- Brush Wink of Stella over the flowers to give it some shine.
- Using Mossy Meadow Ink, stamp the sentiment "Happy birthday Gorgeous" from the Beautiful You Stamp Set, to the Petal Pink Banner.
- Using Snail Adhesive adhere the Designer Series Paper banner and circle to the left side of card.
- Using Stampin' Dimensionals adhere the Petal Pink Banner to the top of the Designer Series Paper Banner.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card stock 4in. x 6in.
- Using Petal Pink ink, ink the large Magnolia floral image, stamp off once on scrap paper and then stamp onto the left side of the Whisper White Cardstock piece. This will leave a light image of the Magnolia that a message can be written over inside the card.
- Using Snail Adhesive adhere the stamped Whisper White Card Stock to the inside of the card. Voila!