Is it ever too early to start making your handmade Christmas cards? I think not! That is why I decided to use the new Feels Like Frost Suite. This is my favorite suite in the 2019-2020 Holiday Catalog....and that is a bold statement. This catalog is the best yet! There are so many amazing suites and sets in this one. You have to see it to believe it.
I decided to use non-traditional Christmas colors for this card. No particular reason, just loved this color combination, Gray Granite, Night of Navy, and Silver. The Feels Like Frost Suite Designer Series Paper has a lot of beautiful photographed images and I knew I wanted to take advantage of them for some holiday cards. But the beauty of this paper is it can be used for non-holiday cards as well.
I also used Silver Glimmer paper and Silvery Shimmer Delicata Metallic Ink The Silvery Shimmer Delicata Metallic Ink is hard to photograph so it is not easy to see in the photo...but the gray looking Queen Anne's Lace on the lower left and upper right corners are stamped in silver. The Queen Anne's Lace reminded me of growing up in Michigan. It grew all over my parent's property and on the roadsides. I would pick it for my mom and she would always put it in a vase. I knew making this card with the photographed Designer Series paper featuring frost covered Queen Anne's Lace would be perfect.
Measurements and Instructions
- Cut a piece of Gray Granite Card Stock 11in. x 4 1/4 in., score at 5 1/2in. and fold on score line.
- Using Night of Navy Ink and Silvery Shimmer Delicata Metallic Ink stamp the Queen Anne's Lace stamp in the top right and lower left hand corners of the card. (stamp the inside of the card as well)
- Die cut a piece of Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper using the large foliage frame die from the Frosted Frames Dies.
- In Night of Navy Ink stamp the "Sending You A Little YuleTide Cheer" sentiment on the die cut Designer Series Paper.
- Die cut a stitched frame from Vellum Card Stock using the Frosted Frames Dies and then cut the frame in half.
- Using Stamping' Dimensionals adhere the vellum frame halves to the top and bottom of the Feels like Frost Designer Series Paper Die cut piece, making sure it peeks out from behind.
- Using the Sprig punch, punch out two sprigs from Silver Glimmer Paper and adhere using Mini Glue Dots to the front of the card beneath the sentiment.
- Cut a small piece of Seaside Spray 1/4" Metallic Ribbon and tie it in a knot. Snip each end on an angle and adhere to the center of the sprigs with a Mini Glue Dot. Voila!
If you enjoyed this video head over to my online store so you can make your own! All items necessary are listed below.
Please use AUG 2019 HOST CODE : BS3MS6QV for orders under $150.