Can you believe we are already two weeks into September. I can't. And I am seriously having fall fever. I want the leaves to change colors. I want the temperature to cool down. but alas, I am in the panhandle of Florida where the high temperature today was 95°. So, no fall fun here. LOL.
And because it doesn't feel like fall, at least for today, I decided to use the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper to create two cards. Yes, two cards, for my video.
I wanted to use the designer series paper for something other than holiday cards. So I chose a sheet of the 6in. x 6in. paper that spoke to me as being both celebratory and sympathetic. And that is why I chose to make two cards. I know that sounds strange, but just look at the cards. The birthday card on the left looks happy. The sympathy card on the right conveys sympathy.
This set of Designer Series Paper is phenomenal and so versatile. And talk about easy to use. These photographic images make it simple to create a stunning card with little effort.
Sympathy Card Measurements & Instructions
- Cut a piece of Highland Heather Card Stock 8 1/2in. x 5 1/2in. , score at 4 1/4in. and fold on score line.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 4 1/8in. x 5 3/8in. for the front of card. Also cut two 4in. x 5 1/4in. for the insides of both cards.
- Cut a piece of Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper 4in. x 5 1/2 in. Reserve the other 2 inch strip for the Birthday card.
- Using the Well Written dies cut "sympathy" in Gorgeous Grape Card Stock. Also cut a "happy" for the Birthday card and set aside.
- Adhere the larger Whisper white card stock piece for the front of the card using Snail Adhesive.
- Adhere the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper to the Whisper White front using Snail Adhesive.
- Stamp "ALL MY" from the Well Said Stamp Set onto the front of the card.
- Using Tombow all purpose glue adhere the word "sympathy" under the stamped "ALL MY" sentiment.
- Stamp "KNOW THAT LOVE, PRAYERS, AND CARING SURROUND YOU TODAY." on the second piece of Whisper White Card Stock and adhere using Snail Adhesive to the inside of the card. Voila!
Birthday Card Measurements & Instructions
- Cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape Card Stock 8 1/2in. x 5 1/2in., score at 4 1/4in. and fold on score line.
- Cut a piece of Highland Heather Card stock 2 1/4in. x 5 1/2in.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 2 1/2in. x 5 1/2in.
- Adhere the reserved piece of 2in. x 5 1/2in. piece of Designer Series Paper from the Sympathy card to the Highland Heather strip.
- Adhere the layered piece to the Whisper White strip.
- Adhere the three-layered piece onto the front of the card.
- Using the Classic Label Punch to punch a vellum label.
- Using Gorgeous Grape Ink stamp "BIRTHDAY" onto the bottom of the vellum label, and let dry. You can also dry faster using your heat tool.
- Using Snail Adhesive adhere the vellum label to the front of the card.
- Using Tombow Multi-purpose Glue to adhere the "happy" die cut to the top of the vellum label.
- Using the Well Said Stamp Set stamp " CELEBRATE ANOTHER YEAR OF HAPPINESS" onto the Whisper White Card Stock cut earlier and adhere onto the inside of the card using Snail Adhesive. Voila!
You have just created two cards using one sheet of 6in. x 6in. Designer Series Paper! If you liked the video then head over to my store at https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx and purchase the supplies needed to make these gorgeous cards.
Subscribe to my newsletter and my blog by clicking on the links on the right hand side of the page!