It's time for another One Card Wonder Wednesday and today is a good one. Lots of fluff and layers. As you all know by now, I like fluff and layers. Although my friends would be very proud of me...I did not include any vellum in my layers this time. LOL!
Do you love Autumn as much as I do? Have you seen the Come to Gather Suite in the holiday catalog yet? If you haven't you are missing out. If you live in the United States and need a demonstrator just contact me and I will get a catalog to you. email@example.com
There are so many beautiful colors that coordinate with this Suite: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Merry Merlot, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty Peacock, & Whisper White. And if you ask me, I think Pool Party and Gray Granite coordinate with this set fantastically. I chose to use both of them for this card.
What do you think? What do you like the most about it? I love everything about it. From the coordinating colors - to the die cut/embossed leaves - to the frayed Braided Linen Trim.
Measurements & Instructions
- Cut a piece of Pool Party Cardstock 5 1/2in. x 8 1/2in., score at 4 1/2in. and fold on score line.
- Using the Stitched Rectangle Dies, die cut two pieces of coordinating Come to Gather Designer Series Paper. Approximately 2 1/4in. x 3 1/2in. and 3 1/4in. x 4 3/4in.
- Layer and adhere both stitched rectangles to the from of your card.
- Using the Gathered Leaves Dies, die cut & emboss four leaves in coordinating colors, I used Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, and Gray Granite.
- Fussy two feathers from the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper.
- Using Pretty Peacock ink, stamp the sentiment "Season of THANKS" from the Gathering Together Stamp Set onto a piece of Pool Party Card Stock and punch out using the Darling Label Punch.
- Begin the layering process by adhering one of your leaves to the top left corner of the smaller stitched rectangle using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Then using Stampin dimensionals adhere two leaves to the top left back of the Darling Label punched sentiment.
- Layer another leaf over the first leaf that you attached directly to the card, using one dimensional at the top of the leaf.
- Adhere the Darling Label sentiment grouping to the front of the card.
- Using Tombow Multipurpose Glue adhere the feathers to the card.
- Unroll your braided Linen Trim and tie a knot about 1- 1/2in. and cut it off. Repeat this process two more times.
- Then using your Take You Pick tool, run it through the braided trim and fray it. Do this for each piece.
- Attach a glue dot to the knotted end of each piece of braided thread and attach in between the leaves.
- Tie a bow with Linen Thread and attach it using a glue dot to the top right of the Darling Label Punched Sentiment, leaving a long tail of thread.
- Embellish the card with Nople Peacock Rhinestones.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 4in. x 5 1/4in. Stamp a Wheat Stalk in Pretty Peacock in on the lower right corner and adhere to the inside of the card using Snail Adhesive. Voila!