It's Tuesday and time for another Update Tuesday Project. Today in our Succeed Weekly, Stampin' UP! shared with us the best-selling items in the annual catalog so far. I am not surprised these items are the top 3 ! The Bird Ballad Suite, is so amazing! If you have not purchase it yet, it is must have.
Here are the best sellers:
Stamp Set—Free as a Bird Stamp Set
Paper—Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper
Tool—Stitched Nested Labels Dies
Image © Stampin' UP!
And Now I am stuck with the dilemma of choosing one of these projects to break down for you...they are all so pretty! But because I love creating paper projects that are not always cards I will choose the Tea Tin in the lower right hand corner of the photo. The Tea tin will hold 3" x 3" note cards and envelopes but would also be perfect to give as a gift filled with tea. So, these tins would pair beautifully with the tea bags wrapped in the tea sleeves from my earlier blog post on August 4th. Here is the link so you can learn how to make the tea sleeves to fill your Copper Tea Tin with.
Here is a close-up of the Tea Tin before you get started! Please let me know if you make this project! I'd love to see your creation!
Image © Stampin' UP!
I currently do not have any of these tea tins in front of me so please double check the the height measurement of the tin that the Designer Series Paper will cover before you cut it. (Step 1) I only have the full height measurement of 3 3/4in., and that includes the lid.
Measurements & Instructions
- Cut a piece of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper strip 3 5/8in. x 12in.
- Using Tear and Tape Adhesive adhere the Designer Series Paper strip around the tea tin.
- Using the Stitched Nested Labels Die that measures 2 1/4in. x 4 1/16in. die cut a label in Very Vanilla Cardstock. Cut about 3/4in. off the top of the label.
- In Memento Ink stamp the bird, stamp 2-3 of the leaf bunch under the bird to make it look like the bird is standing on a branch.
- Using Stampin' Blends Color the bird using Petal Pink and Crumb Cake. Using Pool Party color a little area around the bird to create a background. Color the leaves using Old Olive...then use the Color Lifter and go around the edges of the leaves to lift some of the color, which will lighten them a little.
- Cut a strip of Soft Suede 3/8in. x 1 3/4in. Trim one end so it has a banner tail.
- Using Versamark Ink stamp the sentiment "THANKS FOR BEING YOU" on the right end of the Soft Suede strip by the banner tail.
- Sprinkle White Stampin' Emboss Powder onto the stamped sentiment and set with the heat tool. Watch in wonder as the embossing powder melts and creates a shiny, raised sentiment.
- Adhere the Stitched label to the tin using snail adhesive.
- Adhere the Soft Suede banner using Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere a flower from the Bird Ballad Trinkets to the Soft Suede banner using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Tie a bow around the lid of the tin using the 3/8in. Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim. I would adhere it to the lid using Mini Glue Dots. Voila!