I had company this weekend and we had some fun crafting time! My Aunt came to visit me. We both have October birthdays and we wanted to get together to celebrate before the month was over.
Initially it was supposed to be a relaxing girls weekend but she was asked to babysit two of her grandbabies and our weekend plans changed.
We had planned to make Christmas Cards and decorate out Countdown Calendars. We didn't get to the Christmas Cards but we were able to get the Countdown Calendars decorated. So we accomplished one goal! Unfortunately going out for manis, pedis & shopping in stores with lots of breakables went right out the window! LOL
My aunt working hard on her Countdown Calendar.
On Saturday morning we decided we would be crafting in our pajamas. So we made breakfast for everyone, pancakes and sausage patties. Then after we cleaned up the kitchen I got out a bin of my dollhouse furniture that had originally belonged to my aunt and her older sisters. These toys have been through decades of playing and they were put to good use today. I also have a metal barn that had been my dad's as a child and that was the make-shift doll house today. It was a fun day for them and for us.
Finished Calendars! They turned out so wonderful! We used the kit, plus the Christmas Countdown Stamp Set with Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, and Mossy Meadow inks. We also added various rhinestones/enamel dots for bling. The beautiful thing about this kit...once you are finished with your kit you can store it in the original box it came in. So storing until the next year is a breeze and it protects your calendar from damage.
My Dad's Barn being used as a zoo/barn, LOL! And some of my vintage dollhouse furniture.
And My Grandpa doll, how cute is this guy! He was most likely made in the late 1940's early 1950's. I also have the Grandma and a child...both were partially eaten by a puppy back in the day. the puppy liked their arms and hands.
Although our plans changed slightly, it was still a weekend full of fun memories, like the video my Aunt's 10 year old granddaughter decided to take of me as I was bending over getting food out of the freezer for breakfast, good gracious! That video has since been deleted but the memory remains. EEK!Instructions for Countdown Calendar
I appreciate you being a part of my Stampin' Journey!THANK YOU! valeriesmith.stampinup.net
- Buy the Christmas Countdown Project Kit, Christmas Countdown Stamp Set, & coordinating inks from me! 😊
- Open you calendar and remove the plastic wrapping. Set aside.
- Open your packet of card stock stickers, card stock box fronts, and numbers.
- Punch out your box fronts and then arrange them in rows of 5, making five rows for 25 total squares. You will have some left over. Alternate colors and patterns until you get them the way you want them on your project.
- Using the Countdown Stamp Set, Stamp images on box fronts using Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, and Mossy Meadow inks.
- Decorate box fronts with provided card stock stickers.
- Using Stampin' Dimensionals adhere your numbers 1-25 onto the box fronts. You can also do 1-24 and use a star sticker for the 25th box if you like.
- Using Multipurpose Glue adhere the box fronts to the boxes.
- Add additional rhinestones, enamel dots, pearls etc of your choice, if desired. Voila!