Or should I say Harvest Hellos?! Welcome to today's One Card Wonder Wednesday! I have been eyeing the Harvest Hellos stamp set from afar. It has been on my wish list but I finally ordered it last week.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it this week or next week. So yesterday on facebook I posted a poll to see which stamp set to use for my Facebook Live Video tonight. The poll was between Harvest Hellos and Christmas Gleaming, and as you have probably guessed, Harvest Hellos is the winner.
So then I needed to decide between apple card or pumpkin card! I didn't even flip a coin. I knew I wanted to to make gingham apples. I chose to use my favorite red, Poppy Parade, from the Brights Designer Series Paper...need I say it turned out Poppy Perfect!
Measurements & Instructions
- Cut a piece of Poppy Parade Card Stock 4 1/4in. x 11in., score at 5 1/2in. and fold on score line.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 4in. x 5 1/2in. and emboss with the Corrugated 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere corrugated Whisper White piece to front of card with Tombow Multipurpose Glue. I have found that this works best for adhering corrugated embossed card stock.
- On Poppy Parade Brights Designer Series Paper, Gingham side, Stamp two apples from the Harvest Hellos Stamp Set in Poppy Parade Ink.
- Punch the apples out using the Apple Builder Punch.
- Stamp an apple slice on Whisper White Card Stock in Memento Black Ink, and stamp one on the Gingham paper in Poppy Parade Ink. Cut out the Gingham apple slice and set aside.
- Using the Petal Pink Light Stampin' Blend and the Soft Suede Dark Stampin' Blend color the inner part of the apple slice and the seed. Cut the apple slice out, not including the skin.
- With Tombow Multipurpose Glue, glue the Whisper White apple slice onto the Poppy Parade Gingham Apple Slice, now you have an apple slice with gingham skin!
- Stamp two leaves in Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock and color with Granny Apple Green light and Dark Stampin' Blends. Punch out with the Apple Builder Punch.
- Punch out two apple stems using the Apple Builder Punch
- Glue the stems and the leaves to the top fo the gingham apples.
- Cut a piece of Poppy Parade Designer Series Paper, 1 /4in. x 5 1/4in., I used the opposite side of the gingham, it is a white stitched diamond pattern.
- Using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue adhere the Designer Series Paper Strip to the front left of card.
- Adhere the Apples to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- From the Harvest Hellos Stamp Set, stamp the sentiment "YOU MAKE ME SMILE" in Memento Ink onto a scrap of Poppy Parade Card Stock.
- Cut each word of the sentiment out and adhere the words to the front of the card using snipped pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black 3/8" Scalloped Edged Ribbon 5 1/4in. and adhere to the left side of the Poppy Parade Designer Series Paper using Tear and Tape adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 4in. x 5 1/4in and adhere to inside of the card using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue. Glue the apple slice on the inside bottom left of the card . Voila!