Thanks for joining me again for another One Card Wonder Wednesday! As you know, I sometimes like to make two coordinating cards instead of just one...today is one of those days! I am using the Nature's Beauty stamp set for the first time today. It is featured on the inside back cover of the holiday catalog. Every purchase of this set donates $3 to Mental Health Charities around the world. If you purchase from me, that $3 goes to NAMI in the United States. If you are viewing this blog but live in one of these countries, locate a demonstrator in your country and purchase from them so the equivalent of $3 can be donated to these charities:
So don't hesitate, if there is any stamp in this year's holiday catalog that you should purchase, it is this one. Let's deplete Stampin' UP!'s® inventory for this set!
Without further ado...Card #1 I love this fox, he has attitude! But also looks he might just need a cuddle!
I had thought about stamping him in Basic Gray and it looked pretty but I didn't feel there was enough contrast. So I changed my mind and used Cajun Craze ink for him. Now that I look at this photo, I feel like I should have tied a tiny bow around his neck, ha!
And then there is Card # 2...so serene and peaceful looking. Two deer standing side by side. It brings back memories of childhood in Michigan and riding in the bed of a pick up truck on summer evenings to see deer standing in the farmers' fields. Oh to be a kid again. That is what this card makes me think of...so it will be the one I send to my Dad this holiday season.
Together, these cards definitely create a beautiful scene. I knew when I bought this set I would like it, but now I definitely love it. I think you could use it for birthday cards, get well cards, etc. This set does not have any sentiments in it, so I used a sentiment from the So Many Stars Stamp Set.
Just think of the possibilities. Sometimes having a stamp set without sentiments in it helps free your imagination. There are no preconceived notions about what this stamp set is for.
You make it what you want it to be. That's how I feel about this set.
Here is the video link for my email subscribers https://youtu.be/hrXMHbykKSo
Ok, I need to apologize I had some recording issues with my new phone...sound cuts out halfway through the video...please follow written instructions as well as video instructions. 😊
I appreciate you being a part of my Stampin' Journey!
THANK YOU! valeriesmith.stampinup.net
Measurements and Instructions
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 5 1/2in. x 8 1/2in., score at 2 1/8in. and 4 1/4in. Fold on score lines and fold one back to make a Z-Fold card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 3 3/4in. x 5in. and save for the card inside.
- Cut a piece of First Frost Designer Series Paper 5 3/8in. x 6in., then cut it into two pieces 5 3/8in. x 4 1/8in. and 5 3/8in. x 1 7/8in.
- Adhere the larger piece of First Frost Designer Series Paper to the inside of the card. Adhere the smaller piece to the front fold of the card as show in photo, using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Stamp the fox from the Nature's Beauty Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock and then fussy cut out.
- Using the Stitched Shapes Dies, die cut the largest oval in Whisper White Card Stock and Basic Black Card Stock. Then cut the Basic Black oval in half lengthwise.
- Stamp the small weeds/bushes from the Nature's Beauty Stamp Set in Basic Gray onto the stitched oval.
- Using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue adhere the Basic Black oval halves to the back of the Whisper White Oval making sure they peek out from the sides to frame the Whisper White Oval. Adhere the fox to the front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere the layered Oval to the front of card, only adhering to the Z-fold portion.
- On the Whisper White piece that you saved for the card inside, from the So Many Stars Stamp Set, stamp the sentiment "MAY YOU enjoy this beautiful SEASON" in Shaded Spruce Ink. Making sure it is in the top right corner.
- Adhere this piece to the inside of the card.
- With the Silver Metallic Edged Ribbon, tie a bow and adhere to the top of the oval with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Embellish card with Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels. Voila!
Card # 2
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 5 1/2in. x 8 1/2in., score at 4 1/4in. and fold on score.
- Cut a piece of Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper 3 3/4in. x 5in. and adhere to the front of the card using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 3in. x 4 1/2in. and stamp the Deer from the Nature's Beauty Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink on the left side near the bottom. Re-ink the deer and stamp it on a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock, then fussy cut it out.
- Stamp the small weeds/bushes from the Nature's Beauty Stamp Set in Basic Gray onto the right side of the Whisper White Card Stock and also in front of the deer.
- Stamp the "faded" group of stars from the So Many Stars stamp set onto the top in Basic Gray ink, having stamped off once first so the image is very faint.
- Stamp the sentiment "MAY YOU enjoy this beautiful SEASON" in Cherry Cobbler ink over the lower right hand portion of the faded stars.
- Adhere the stamped piece of Whisper White card Stock onto the front of the card using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere the fussy cut deer onto the front of card using Stampin' Dimensionals. Voila!