It's time once again for Update Tuesday, they day that Stampin' UP!® shares some inspiration with it's demonstrators. And I, in turn, share the information with you! Today's email contained the most beautiful project! I am very excited about it!
Here is what Stampin' UP® had to say about the Brightly Gleaming Suite:
|"MAKE YOUR PROJECTS SHINE!|
|Okay, it’s official: we’re obsessed with the Brightly Gleaming Suite. You know why? Because it actually gleams! With copper foil accents on the designer series paper, foil elements, and star embellishments, you’ll be “gleaming” your way through Christmas. Oh, and don’t forget about the super cute ribbon with “Merry Christmas” printed in copper!|
|And the best part about it: this isn’t limited to cardmaking. The stars are the limit when it comes to this suite. Just check out the beautiful decoration we were able to create with this suite You can make anything around your house into a project, and the Brightly Gleaming Suite is a great way to make simple things festive. And since Christmas season is just around the corner, these decorations would be perfect gift ideas.|
|The Brightly Gleaming Suite would be a beautiful way to shine through the Christmas season—not only in your home, but also in the homes of those you love."|
Image © Stampin" UP!®
Does this make you happy?! It makes me so happy and really gets me in the mood for Christmas! So I decided to become even more "in the mood" and I made one for myself! I am so excited to share the details with you!
And of course, as you can tell by the size of my personal photos, I wanted you to see the detail of the embossing and layering of the copper foil stars and copper embossed ornaments. I like to think of myself as the queen of layering and fluff! So, this project has truly been a delight to re-create.
Before you get started, for my project you will need a 6in. x 6in. shadow box frame. Stampin' UP!® used a larger frame, I am guessing 8in. x 8in. or 10in. x 10in. It also looks like their work is matted with a white mat, I did not use a mat with mine.
Here is the video link for my email subscribers https://youtu.be/BRHgpihqlBo
I am working my way to an incentive trip...I want to take my husband on a vacation😊.
I appreciate you being a part of my Stampin' Journey!
THANK YOU! valeriesmith.stampinup.net
Measurements and Instructions
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock 5 7/8in. x 5 7/8in. and set aside.
- Cut a piece of Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper 4in. x 4in. You can choose the same pattern I did or go with one you like better.
- Using the Stitched Stars dies, die cut the two largest stars from Copper Foil Sheets. Put Stampin' Dimensionals on the backs of them and set aside.
- Using VersaMark Ink stamp the small ornament from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set five times on each of these colors of Card Stock - Whisper White & Night of Navy. Then sprinkle with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder and set with Heat Tool.
- Using VersaMark Ink stamp the large ornament from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set five times onto Pretty Peacock Card Stock. Then sprinkle with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder and set with Heat Tool.
- Punch all of the embossed ornaments out using the Gleaming Ornaments Punches. Put Stampin' Dimensionals on the backs of them and set aside.
- Using VersaMark Ink stamp "& be jolly this season" onto Whisper White Card Stock. Then sprinkle with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder and set with Heat Tool. Then fussy cut it out but choose which words you want, either "be jolly this season" or "jolly this season".
- Using VersaMark Ink stamp the holly and berries from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set onto Real Red and Old Olive Card Stock. Then fussy cut out the red berries, and then fussy cut the green berries and holly leaves. Glue the Real Red berries onto the Old Olive berries.
- Now you can start layering. Start with the Pretty Peacock ornaments making a star pattern on the 4in. x 4in. Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper. Then add the largest Copper Foil star. Then make a star pattern with the Whisper White ornaments. Then make a star pattern with the Night of Navy Ornaments. This will make more sense once you have viewed the video.
- Add the second Copper Foil star onto the top of the Night of Navy ornaments.
- Using one Mini Stampin' Dimensional, add a Brightly Gleaming Foil Element star onto the Copper Foil Star.
- Adhere the fussy cut sentiment onto the top using Mini Glue Dots.
- Then using Stampin' Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots tuck the two holly leaves and berries onto the arrangement on the top right of the smallest star and left side as well.
- Attach the entire arrangement onto the 5 7/8in. x 5 7/8in. Whisper White card stock using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Using Mini Stampin' Dimensionals adhere 5 small stars from the Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements, scattering them so it looks random. Adhere a Copper Star Designer Element onto the center of each of those stars.
- Put your creation in the frame. Voila!