Its that time again, time for a One Card Wonder Wednesday post! One of favorite days of the week. I love being able to share my ideas and creative projects with you. I am hoping you are enjoying it too. This week I have chosen to use the Lovely Lily Pad stamp set, Lily Pad Dies, and the Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper. Did you know that all three of these items are items you can earn for FREE with qualifying purchases through Stampin’ UP!® during Sale-A-Bration. Make sure you head over to my store if you want to earn these items and make this card!
I decided to try something a little different with this card. I have used the Lily Pad Dies before but when I added the die cuts to my other projects I glued them down flat. As you can see I changed it up a bit and just glued the bottom of them down. Then I lightly curled the tops of the Lily die cuts away from the stamped Lily.
I love trying new things and having them work the way I envisioned them. The piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock is folded in a semi-accordian style and all I did was glue it together at the folds. Then it is glued down to the card. I love the extra texture it adds to the card. I have a feeling I will be adding this type of element to other cards.
I appreciate you being a part of my Stampin’ Journey!
I live & love to inspire you!
Do you Live in the United States? Shop with me!
Visit my store to purchase your supplies.
Here is the video link for my email subscribers: https://youtu.be/SP20J_b7hnw
Measurements and Instructions
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Card Stock 5 1/2in. x 8 1/2in., score at 4 1/4in. and fold on score line.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo Card Stock 4in. x 5 1/4in. and adhere to the from of the card using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut a second piece of Flirty Flamingo Card Stock 1/2in. x 7in. and make some folds in it like an accordion fold, except don’t make them even, just random folds. Apply a dot of Tombow Multipurpose Glue in the crook of each fold, front and back. Then set it under a couple of Clear acrylic blocks to dry. The weight of the blocks will keep it folded.
- Cut a piece of Lily Impressions Designer Series Card Stock 3 3/4in. x 5in. and adhere to the card fronting Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Using the Lily Pad Dies cut a vellum strip of Lily petals and adhere them to the front of the using Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- On a scrap piece of Petal Pink Card Stock stamp the large Lily image in Flirty Flamingo Ink and die cut with the Lily Pad Dies.
- Die cut Flirty Flamingo Card Stock with the large and small Lily outline dies. Then Glue the bottoms of them to the large die cut Lily and curl the tops of them up a bit.
- Stamp two leaves on Pear Pizzazz Card Stock in Pear Pizzazz Ink and die cut them. Glue the to the back of the Lily.
- Also stamp the Lily Pad in Pear Pizzazz In on Pear Pizzazz Card Stock and die cut it out.
- Adhere the Lily Pad down to the card front using Snail Adhesive or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere the Lily to the front of card on top of the Lily Pad using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the semi-accordian folded strip of Flirty Flamingo Card Stock to the card using Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut a piece of Petal Pink Card Stock 3/4in. x 3 1/2in. and punch the ends with the Triple Banner Punch. Stamp the sentiment “Rest & Relax YOU DESERVE IT”. Sponge the edges with Flirty Flamingo Ink and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals below the Lily.
- Embellish the front of the card with some of the Frosted and Clear Epoxy Droplets. I used three of the clear ones. Voila!